Blink and Deepend form interactive TV production venture
By LISA CAMPBELL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 June 2000 12:00AM
Blink Productions and the digital design company Deepend are launching an interactive TV production company.
Blink Productions and the digital design company Deepend are
launching an interactive TV production company.
Sleeper, a 50/50 joint venture, will take advantage of the changing
media landscape, producing interactive communications for any platform
from digital TV to the internet.
The company, which will be headed by James Studholme, the managing
director of Blink, and Peter Beech, the managing director of Deepend,
will be run initially out of Blink’s offices. However, there are plans
for it to operate as a standalone company.
Sleeper will target ad agencies and clients, encouraging them to think
more about the creative opportunities offered by new technology.
Studholme said: ’The traditional TV commercial is going to lose some of
its market to communications which have a dialogue with consumers.
However, creatives are reluctant to embrace the changes as they
currently find the technology too restrictive. We are trying to
de-mythologise it and prepare them for when the really exciting things
Sleeper is concentrating on raising awareness but expects to have
projects underway by the end of the year.
’This is not all going to happen tomorrow. There will be a period of
educating and working with agencies to bring them and their clients up
to speed,’ Beech said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London