WWAV Rapp Collins takes NSPCC brand task from Saatchis
By ANNA GRIFFITHS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 June 2000 12:00AM
The NSPCC’s direct marketing agency, WWAV Rapp Collins, has won the task of creating the next television campaign for the charity, further weakening Saatchi & Saatchi’s hold on the above-the-line business.
The NSPCC’s direct marketing agency, WWAV Rapp Collins, has won the
task of creating the next television campaign for the charity, further
weakening Saatchi & Saatchi’s hold on the above-the-line business.
The two agencies pitched for the task of creating the next NSPCC
branding campaign last week, in a review that also involved Court
Burkitt (Campaign, 23 June).
The news will come as a blow to Saatchis, which held on to the business
when the charity called a shock review last year. Neither Marion Rose,
the marketing director of the NSPCC, nor Lesley Mair, the chair of WWAV,
would comment as Campaign went to press.
WWAV, Campaign’s reigning direct agency of the year, has handled the
NSPCC’s direct marketing and DRTV for 12 years. Saatchis has also had a
long relationship with the charity, and last year both agencies won
several awards for the hard-hitting Full Stop campaign.
The controversial campaign, showing scenes of suggested emotional and
physical abuse seen through the eyes of children’s toys and characters,
was a high point in Saatchis’ recent creative history.
Although the ads attracted 150 complaints to the Independent Television
Commission, it ruled that they were generally acceptable and should be
allowed to continue broadcasting.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Designer - Highly sought-after Branding Agency Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Advertising Operations (Ad Ops) - AGENCY Harnham £40000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, West End
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £35000 per annum, London