campaign.i: Vnunet.com unveils ads on palm devices
By DEBORAH BONELLO, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 June 2000 12:00AM
Vnunet.com and Guardian-Unlimited are launching the UK’s first interactive advertising campaign on palm devices this week.
Vnunet.com and Guardian-Unlimited are launching the UK’s first
interactive advertising campaign on palm devices this week.
The campaign has been created by the new-media marketing agency media21,
and will run on the GuardianUnlimited’s personal digital assistant
content for a month. The content is accessed via AvantGo software, which
downloads it on to the PDA.
The text-based ad reads ’vnunet.com - Get the hottest technology news
and reviews’. Tapping on the ad takes PDA users through to a microsite
containing information about the service.
This is the second project to be launched on PDA over the past few weeks
- lastminute.com began circulating a palm interactive football game last
week (Campaign-i 23 June).
Ben Southgate, brand planning director at media21, said: ’This is a new
thing for GuardianUnlimited. There has been no UK PDA site which has
used the platform as an advertising channel.’
Media21 also designed the first ad campaign to run on the WAP mobile
phone platform, for the Football 365 portal. Southgate added: ’It’s a
much wider environment than WAP because it has a bigger screen which can
take more content.’
Monique Boer, the business development director at vnunet.com, said:
’The people we target are themselves early adopters of new technology
and are becoming increasingly mobile. Having recently launched the
vnunet.com WAP portal, we can now reach a wider mobile audience who are
interested in our content through this innovative PDA campaign.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Pitch update: Pre-Christmas round-up of RBS, BA and all the biggest pitches
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- Argos reviews £55 million ad account