campaign.i: Vnunet.com unveils ads on palm devices
By DEBORAH BONELLO, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 June 2000 12:00AM
Vnunet.com and Guardian-Unlimited are launching the UK’s first interactive advertising campaign on palm devices this week.
Vnunet.com and Guardian-Unlimited are launching the UK’s first
interactive advertising campaign on palm devices this week.
The campaign has been created by the new-media marketing agency media21,
and will run on the GuardianUnlimited’s personal digital assistant
content for a month. The content is accessed via AvantGo software, which
downloads it on to the PDA.
The text-based ad reads ’vnunet.com - Get the hottest technology news
and reviews’. Tapping on the ad takes PDA users through to a microsite
containing information about the service.
This is the second project to be launched on PDA over the past few weeks
- lastminute.com began circulating a palm interactive football game last
week (Campaign-i 23 June).
Ben Southgate, brand planning director at media21, said: ’This is a new
thing for GuardianUnlimited. There has been no UK PDA site which has
used the platform as an advertising channel.’
Media21 also designed the first ad campaign to run on the WAP mobile
phone platform, for the Football 365 portal. Southgate added: ’It’s a
much wider environment than WAP because it has a bigger screen which can
take more content.’
Monique Boer, the business development director at vnunet.com, said:
’The people we target are themselves early adopters of new technology
and are becoming increasingly mobile. Having recently launched the
vnunet.com WAP portal, we can now reach a wider mobile audience who are
interested in our content through this innovative PDA campaign.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%