Pro-European lobby group set to launch anti-Euro campaign
By JULIAN LEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 1999 12:00AM
New Europe, a pro-European organisation that opposes the single currency, is looking for an agency to run a major advertising campaign.
New Europe, a pro-European organisation that opposes the single
currency, is looking for an agency to run a major advertising
The group, which boasts the former SDP leader, David Owen, and the
former chancellor, Denis Healey, among its members, plans to spend an as
yet unspecified amount on advertising to convince the British public
that membership of the single currency would spell economic suicide for
The organisation was launched in March this year.
The winning agency would be expected to perform something of a marketing
miracle - to communicate complex economic issues to a younger audience
in an engaging and motivating manner.
Neil Mendoza, chief executive of Forward Publishing and New Europe’s
marketing director, expects the fight to be a long one. The Government
is not expected to call a referendum this side of the next general
election in 2002.
’The ’no’ camp is often positioned as crazy Tory die-hards and little
Englanders. We want to present a more modern and forward-looking
organisation,’ Mendoza said.
Details of the campaign, which kicks off this autumn, have yet to be
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London