Wieden & Kennedy loses another chief as Hoffman departs
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 1999 12:00AM
Susan Hoffman, Wieden & Kennedy’s UK creative director and the partner responsible for launching the London office, is leaving the UK to return to the agency’s US headquarters in Portland.
Susan Hoffman, Wieden & Kennedy’s UK creative director and the
partner responsible for launching the London office, is leaving the UK
to return to the agency’s US headquarters in Portland.
Her departure follows Hugh Derrick’s appointment as the agency’s new
’I’d like to stress that Hoffman’s departure is not my doing,’ Derrick
said. ’Her job was to set up the London office and she’s done that. She
will now return to the Portland office, which was always her intention,
and remain there as a partner and creative director. There is a huge
new- business opportunity there at the moment, and Dan Wieden needs her
to help out.’
Derrick will now start a search for a new creative director to work
alongside Tony Barry, the agency’s chief creative. Derrick says the
search will be wide-ranging and will include the US. It is likely that
the new recruit will form part of the management structure alongside
Derrick and John Shaw, the agency’s planning director.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Producer / Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: +package, Manchester
- Junior Account Manager [Direct & Digital Marketing] - Superb Agency - to £27k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £27k + great benefits, Soho. London
- UK Account Director Haymarket Media Group Dependent on experience, Teddington, Middlesex
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London