HFC seeks shop to launch upmarket credit card
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 1999 12:00AM
HFC, the US banking group behind Goldfish, is holding a secret creative and media pitch for a credit card due to be launched this autumn.
HFC, the US banking group behind Goldfish, is holding a secret
creative and media pitch for a credit card due to be launched this
HFC is already an established backer of credit cards, the most famous of
which is Goldfish - its joint venture with Centrica.
The new card is believed to be upmarket of Goldfish, but details of the
project are scarce. The group marketing director, Mark Robinson, is
understood to have briefed a shortlist of London agencies this week
about the pounds 5 million to pounds 10 million task.
An original list, drawn up with the help of the AAR, was whittled down
quietly over the past two weeks by Robinson and the marketing director
for lending and credit cards, Jane Perrin. Pitches are scheduled over
the next few days, with a decision expected by the end of August.
Robinson was unavailable for comment, but HFC’s director of
communications, Martin Rutland, confirmed that preliminary discussions
had taken place with agencies. Rutland claimed, however, that it was
simply a fact-finding mission.
’Basically, we’re finding out more about which agencies we could work
with in the future,’ Rutland said.
HFC’s Goldfish card is backed by an above-the-line spend of about pounds
Meanwhile, the bank is fighting a legal battle with HSBC, claiming
consumers have become confused about its identity since the HSBC-owned
Midland Bank began taking its parent’s name.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands