Ad agencies line up for UK launch of US web delivery service
By LISA CAMPBELL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 31 March 2000 12:00AM
A US web company offering to deliver everything from doughnuts to DVDs to New Yorkers within one hour is talking to agencies about handling advertising for its UK launch.
A US web company offering to deliver everything from doughnuts to
DVDs to New Yorkers within one hour is talking to agencies about
handling advertising for its UK launch.
Urbanfetch, an online home delivery service which is operating in
Manhattan, has been talking to several creative and media agencies for
its London launch. A decision on both the creative and media accounts is
expected by early summer.
The company, which started last October, has been hugely successful in
New York and claims that its daily sales have surpassed dollars 100,000.
It claims to have attracted 50,000 online browsers in Manhattan where it
makes 1,000 deliveries a day.
It is backed by the venture capitalist VantagePoint Partners but has
raised more than dollars 10 million in a second round of funding for its
It plans to roll out in other US cities - Boston, Washington and San
The Urbanfetch chief executive, Ross Stevens, claimed that London was a
key market because of the lack of competition to date.
Urbanfetch, which was voted a Business Week product of the year in 1999,
promises to deliver a range of goods for free within one hour. These
include books, music, computer games, toiletries, videos, food, clothing
and electronics. It claims that Palm Pilots and DVDs have been among the
top sellers on the site in the US.
The company has used Shepardson Stern and Kaminsky (SS&K) in the US for
a heavyweight TV advertising campaign.
One of Urbanfetch’s most attractive selling points has been to insist
that customers do not tip delivery people. It has high-speed operating
software and fleet of vehicles to ensure fast delivery.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%