CAMPAIGN DIARY: Never mind Vanessa’s new man, discover a little-known Feltz fact
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 31 March 2000 12:00AM
Ever since a streamlined Vanessa Feltz was snapped out on the town with her new beau, the tabloids have been scuffling to place his face.
Ever since a streamlined Vanessa Feltz was snapped out on the town
with her new beau, the tabloids have been scuffling to place his
It now emerges that the cuddly character in question is Jon Sayers, an
’old friend’ and a media man.
The press may have seized on to the fact that Sayers growled and grunted
as the voice of the Honey Monster in the Sugar Puff TV ads, and that he
has worked in various agencies, but they have missed a much meatier
piece of gossip concerning Vanessa.
The Diary can reveal that the svelte Feltz started her illustrious
career as a reporter on the esteemed title, Campaign.
Ex-Campaign editor Bernard Barnett remembers her for being crap.
’Getting stories wasn’t her forte. It was pretty obvious this wasn’t
going to be her destiny - that she wasn’t going to spend the rest of her
life writing about baked bean campaigns.’ (Well it pays the rent -
’She claims that I fired her. That may be right, I can’t remember.’
But the question of whether Sayers and Feltz first grinded their ample
hips at some illustrious event such as the Campaign Poster Awards goes
Sayers, who went from acting to writing commercials with a stint as
copywriter at Limbo and now runs his own radio production company, Boom!
Communications, is keeping schtum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Propel £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films