CAMPAIGN DIARY: Never mind Vanessa’s new man, discover a little-known Feltz fact
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 31 March 2000 12:00AM
Ever since a streamlined Vanessa Feltz was snapped out on the town with her new beau, the tabloids have been scuffling to place his face.
Ever since a streamlined Vanessa Feltz was snapped out on the town
with her new beau, the tabloids have been scuffling to place his
It now emerges that the cuddly character in question is Jon Sayers, an
’old friend’ and a media man.
The press may have seized on to the fact that Sayers growled and grunted
as the voice of the Honey Monster in the Sugar Puff TV ads, and that he
has worked in various agencies, but they have missed a much meatier
piece of gossip concerning Vanessa.
The Diary can reveal that the svelte Feltz started her illustrious
career as a reporter on the esteemed title, Campaign.
Ex-Campaign editor Bernard Barnett remembers her for being crap.
’Getting stories wasn’t her forte. It was pretty obvious this wasn’t
going to be her destiny - that she wasn’t going to spend the rest of her
life writing about baked bean campaigns.’ (Well it pays the rent -
’She claims that I fired her. That may be right, I can’t remember.’
But the question of whether Sayers and Feltz first grinded their ample
hips at some illustrious event such as the Campaign Poster Awards goes
Sayers, who went from acting to writing commercials with a stint as
copywriter at Limbo and now runs his own radio production company, Boom!
Communications, is keeping schtum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London