Snyder takes over BDDH in pounds 16m deal
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 December 1998 12:00AM
Partners BDDH is providing the emerging US advertising figure, Dan Snyder, with a springboard into Europe in a share swap deal with Sny-der Communications, a fast growing marketing services group.
Partners BDDH is providing the emerging US advertising figure, Dan
Snyder, with a springboard into Europe in a share swap deal with Sny-der
Communications, a fast growing marketing services group.
The deal, which values Partners BDDH at pounds 16 million, is Snyder's
second advertising agency acquisition.
Snyder, dubbed 'the Martin Sorrell of the next generation', made his
first foray into above-the-line advertising this year when he acquired
the Boston-based Arnold Communications.
Arnold, the 15th-largest agency in the US, won a gold lion at Cannes
this year for its Volkswagen Beetle launch campaign. Its client list
includes McDonald's, Bell Atlantic, Ocean Spray, Fleet Bank and Pinnacle
Snyder said: 'Since we acquired Arnold in March it has been our aim to
help it extend its global reach. The calibre of the management team at
Partners BDDH will quickly help us to realise this. The opportunities
for cross-referrals between Partners BDDH and our other UK operations
are also incredible.'
Snyder Communications, which has built up from a base of pharmaceutical
marketing and data-driven operations, already owns Brann, a direct
marketing agency, in the UK.
Nigel Long, the chief executive of Partners BDDH, said: 'Arnold is a
perfect fit. We both put creativity at the top of the agenda but
recognise that advertising is only part of delivering targeted marketing
solutions to clients. This deal escalates our ability to service clients
effectively across all markets and all communication disciplines.'
In the share-swap deal, no money will change hands for at least a
All five partners at BDDH will continue to run the UK business, but will
report through Arnold to Snyder Communications. Long added: 'We have
forfeited jam today for jam tomorrow. We are committed to the
Ed Eskandarian, the chairman and chief executive of Arnold, said: 'We
clicked the first time we met. Like us, they have a small company soul,
big ambition and an eye for great advertising.'
Partners BDDH is part of the European Local Agency Network, but Snyder
has yet to decide whether to target any of the other agencies in the
network as it rolls out its presence across Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Team Dahling Ltd £50,000 - 55,000, Central London
- SEO Executive Norton Leigh + Benefits, Central London
- Creative Director - Doha, Qatar (Tax free salary) MCG Associates Tax Free Salary, Doha, Qatar
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions