DIARY: JCDecaux rival kicks up a stink over gift of new outdoor amenity
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 December 2000 12:00AM
High Street Kensington is a busy place at the best of times and busiest outside the bustling Odeon cinema. So the outdoor media giant JCDecaux clearly thought it was doing Londoners a service by erecting a public toilet and bus shelter in front of the building.
However, it seems the company's altruistic sentiment has not been shared by all of the neighbouring Kensington residents.
Indeed, many patrons of the area are furious, and one is apparently writing to the council complaining about the undesirability of this street furniture.
It seems its proximity to a gas main is causing concern. Surely they run underground throughout London? But perhaps this case is an exception.
And the identity of the person leading the charge of protesters? None other than Roger Parry, the chief executive of Clear Channel International, the well-known rival to JCDecaux. What a coincidence.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London