Y&R's Zea poached by McCann to head group development
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 March 2001 12:00PM
The McCann-Erickson UK & Ireland Group has poached Elizabeth Zea
from Young & Rubicam New York to fill the newly created position of
managing partner for group development.
Zea, who leaves a chief of staff position at Y&R, takes responsibility
for driving greater integration of the group's various communications
services. The fusion of McCann UK's different 'corridor companies', such
as the direct operation McCann Relationship Marketing, into a more
effective business machine has been a priority since the creation of the
group at the end of 1999.
'2001 will see a new push for the McCann UK & Ireland Group,' the UK
Group's chairman, Ben Langdon, said. 'Elizabeth will work with me to
take the company to its next level of development.'
Zea has spent nine years at Y&R since joining from Ammirati & Puris' New
York office, spending time as the vice-president of new business, and
senior vice-president account director on AT&T.
Meanwhile, McCann-Erickson Manchester's managing director, Sue Little,
is promoted to chief executive of the agency, replacing Brian Child who,
McCann maintains, will remain in the organisation in an unspecified
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency