DIARY: Turkey of the week
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 2000 12:00AM
Rebecca Beer sniggers at the Siemens mobile phone ad by J. Walter Thompson: 'There is definitely a lot of sex in this ad, but what its significance is, I do not know. This is one of the most bizarre and annoying ads I've seen for a long while, right up there with the cringy Bailey's Irish Cream spots. Are the couple gay lovers or are they twins? Who knows and, quite frankly, who cares? An appallingly tacky use of sexual imagery trying to sell a mobile phone. How cheap.'
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager Lipton Fleming £28000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus , London
- Associate Director of Content Strategy - London £75,000 Adam Recruitment £75000 - £76000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Interactive Designer Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Qualitative Senior Research Executive Lipton Fleming £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart