DIARY: Turkey of the week
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 2000 12:00AM
Rebecca Beer sniggers at the Siemens mobile phone ad by J. Walter Thompson: 'There is definitely a lot of sex in this ad, but what its significance is, I do not know. This is one of the most bizarre and annoying ads I've seen for a long while, right up there with the cringy Bailey's Irish Cream spots. Are the couple gay lovers or are they twins? Who knows and, quite frankly, who cares? An appallingly tacky use of sexual imagery trying to sell a mobile phone. How cheap.'
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Client Development Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, London
- Client Development Director - Loyalty - London Stopgap £55000 per annum + bonus, London
- Head of Campaign Management Stopgap £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition