DIARY: Redman Jones has a fondness for Shrimps
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 2000 12:00AM
There was much punching of the air at Manchester's Redman Jones agency after Morecambe FC's giant-killing act in the FA Cup last Saturday, when the Conference side succeeded in dumping second division Cambridge United out of the competition.
The agency, which emerged out of the former Stowe Bowden Wilson last year, is Morecambe's shirt sponsor, and has been rewarded for its investment of 'a few thousand pounds' by having its name emblazoned across the sports pages of the national press.
Enjoy it while it lasts, lads. In the next round, Morecambe - nicknamed the Shrimps - have been drawn at home to Ipswich Town, which sits just behind Arsenal and Manchester United in the Premier League table.
But Tony Greco, the agency's head of PR and promotions, and Morecambe's press officer, insists the Shrimps won't be barbecued. 'I don't think Ipswich will relish coming here,' he says. Morecambe's pitch is too good, and much better than the usual non-league club mudslides on which many a big club has slipped up.
And if Morecambe wins? Agency chairman Stuart Redman has promised to spend a day in the office dressed as a shrimp. Greco has declared he will do the same at the next home game. Please, Ipswich, don't let that happen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London