Persil unveils 'young Winstons' for Non-Bio
By REBECCA BEER, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 August 2001 12:00PM
J. Walter Thompson has unveiled a new campaign for Lever Faberge's
Persil Non-Bio washing powder called "young Winstons", based on the
observation that most babies look like Winston Churchill.
The campaign, which shows babies pointing out the benefits of Persil
Non-Bio, includes one 30-second and one ten-second TV spot, as well as
women's press and radio.
The ad aims to build on Persil Non-Bio's long heritage - the account has
been held by JWT since 1927 - by spoofing Churchill's wartime
The commercial opens on a baby against a backdrop of St Paul's
Cathedral, while a voiceover says: "Never in the field of household
laundry has Persil so pampered such sensitive skins ..." The
advertisement then cuts to other babies resembling Churchill and at one
point a profile is seen with what appears to be a cigar, before the
camera pans to reveal it is a sausage.
The voiceover alludes to Persil Non-Bio's brilliant stain-removing
attributes, before ending with "... generations to come will say, this
is Persil's finest Non-Bio".
Ros King, JWT's managing director, said: "Non-Bio is Persil's heartland
and this emotive campaign returns the brand to it."
The spots, which break this week, were written and art directed by
Alistair Wood. They were produced by the Paul Weiland Film Company and
directed by Mike Stephenson. They are accompanied by press written by
Matt Lloyd and art directed by Dave Woodall, and radio by Nigel Pollard
and Wayne Pashley. Initiative handles media for the brand.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London