Azis to head HHCL's mission to become true global network
By CAMILLA PALMER, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 July 2001 12:00PM
HHCL & Partners is looking to set up a global network and has
promoted the agency's chief executive, Robin Azis, to spearhead the
The move comes as the agency seeks to gain more global clout after
losing out on pitches for international clients such as Amazon.com.
Azis will continue to work within HHCL's London office, developing
partnerships or taking equity stakes in agencies in Europe and other
parts of the world.
The former Publicis executive, Michel Guerend, will be the new-business
director in Paris.
HHCL International will pitch for new business internationally with the
agencies it partners in each region, but will draw on its creative and
management resources in London until the network is more
Azis said: "It's time to take the HHCL brand global and challenge the
traditional advertising network dinosaurs."
The new chairman, Simon Burridge, has restructured the agency's
management following Azis' promotion and the loss of the head of account
management, Jonathan Mildenhall, to TBWA/London. A nine-strong team of
managing partners comprises: Burridge; the creative directors and
founders, Steve Henry and Axel Chaldecott; the head of marketing, Minnie
Moll; the head of innovation, David O'Hanlan; the head of client
services, Nick Howarth; the senior planner, Richard Huntington; the head
of strategy, Jon Leach; and an unappointed financial director.
HHCL's Heresy arm will also open a new division, Heresy Communications.
It has hired the creative directors Nigel Short and David Kerrigan from
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency