Horswell quits PHD for new venture
By CLARE CONLEY, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 September 2001 12:00PM
Nick Horswell, a founding partner of the media agency PHD, is
quitting to set up a new operation to advise small communications
His departure will break up the longstanding triumvirate with Jonathan
Durden, the co-chairman, and the chief executive, David Pattison.
PHD was established 12 years ago .
Horswell signed a five-year earn-out contract after the agency bought
itself out of Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and then renewed it for another
year. He plans to leave in January 2002.
During his 12 years at the agency, Horswell oversaw internal operations
and also played a key part in the development of the PHD group
companies, which include Rocket, Compass and Apollo.
Horswell said he was leaving for personal reasons because he has "an
itch I want to scratch".
He added: "I've picked up a lot of different lessons over the years,
growing both businesses and people. I like the dynamics of small and
growing businesses and want to work in a hands-on sense with a number of
different companies, rather than in the non-executive chairman
Horswell, a managing partner since the launch of the agency, was named
as the joint chairman of New PHD in January.
The January restructure also saw Tony Regan, a founder of Michaelides &
Bednash, appointed as PHD's first brand strategy director, to sit
alongside Morag Blazey, the managing director. Tess Alps, the chairman
of Drum PHD, became the deputy chairman.
It has not yet been decided if a joint chairman will be appointed as a
direct replacement for Horswell.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham