News International strengthens UK marketing team
By Gordon MacMillan,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 1999 12:00AM
LONDON - News International is strengthening its News Group Newspapers marketing team in advance of the appointment of a new marketing director.
Andy Agar, formerly promotions manager for the Sun and News of the World, has been named promotions director of News Group Newspapers. Agar, who joined the company last year, formerly worked for rival Mirror Group, most recently as group trade marketing manager.
Joining from PR firm Freud Communications is Rachel Gibbs who takes over Agar's old job of promotions manager. She will be responsible for developing and overseeing promotions in the News of the World's Sunday Magazine and the Irish Sun.
The third member of the new team is Roland Agambar. He is promoted to NGN media manager. He joined the company in 1997 as a media executive from Carat where he was a group head on the News International account.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Brand Guardian/Artwork Manager Network Career Consultants £26000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive - 6 month contract Brand Recruitment £25000 per annum + plus benefits , Colchester
- Digital Project Manager PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, West London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency