News International strengthens UK marketing team
By Gordon MacMillan,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 1999 12:00AM
LONDON - News International is strengthening its News Group Newspapers marketing team in advance of the appointment of a new marketing director.
Andy Agar, formerly promotions manager for the Sun and News of the World, has been named promotions director of News Group Newspapers. Agar, who joined the company last year, formerly worked for rival Mirror Group, most recently as group trade marketing manager.
Joining from PR firm Freud Communications is Rachel Gibbs who takes over Agar's old job of promotions manager. She will be responsible for developing and overseeing promotions in the News of the World's Sunday Magazine and the Irish Sun.
The third member of the new team is Roland Agambar. He is promoted to NGN media manager. He joined the company in 1997 as a media executive from Carat where he was a group head on the News International account.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Global Head of Social Media EMR £80000 - £90000 per annum, Slough
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £46,000 per annum, South West
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/CA, London
- Digital Project Manager Brand Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum + £32,000 - £40,000, Brentwood
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Argos reviews £55 million ad account
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film