News International strengthens UK marketing team
By Gordon MacMillan,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 1999 12:00AM
LONDON - News International is strengthening its News Group Newspapers marketing team in advance of the appointment of a new marketing director.
Andy Agar, formerly promotions manager for the Sun and News of the World, has been named promotions director of News Group Newspapers. Agar, who joined the company last year, formerly worked for rival Mirror Group, most recently as group trade marketing manager.
Joining from PR firm Freud Communications is Rachel Gibbs who takes over Agar's old job of promotions manager. She will be responsible for developing and overseeing promotions in the News of the World's Sunday Magazine and the Irish Sun.
The third member of the new team is Roland Agambar. He is promoted to NGN media manager. He joined the company in 1997 as a media executive from Carat where he was a group head on the News International account.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel