Guardian Newspapers calls review of DM arrangements
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 September 2001 12:00PM
Guardian Newspapers is reviewing its direct mail and sales
The business is held by KLP Euro RSCG. The agency will repitch for the
account against Alphabet Advertising, Brann, Claydon Heeley Jones Mason,
Swordfish and Tequila.
Agencies will present their pitches at the end of October. The account
covers direct marketing and sales promotion for The Guardian, Guardian
Unlimited, Guardian Weekly, The Observer and Money Observer.
Last month, KLP lost the £2 million DM and sales promotion
business for Workthing. com, the recruitment site operated by Guardian
It moved its through-the-line business into Michaelides & Bednash.
Guardian Newspapers' marketing director, Marc Sands, said: "Guardian
Newspapers has developed over the years and we are looking for the
agency that can best support our offering."
KLP has produced direct mail, promotions and digital work to support
Guardian Newspapers' major brands. In addition to direct mail, KLP also
developed recent activity for The Observer, including papers distributed
through purchases from supermarkets, and sampling at tube and train
stations to support the launch of Observer Food Monthly.
Earlier this year The Guardian said that it was putting a customer
relationship management strategy in place. It is exploring the idea of
building loyalty to different sections of the newspaper to drive sales.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency