Langdon nets McCann top Euro job
By MATTHEW COWEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 September 2001 12:00PM
Ben Langdon, McCann-Erickson's UK chairman and chief executive, has
been handed the network's top regional post, taking control of
McCann-Erickson Worldwide operations for Europe, the Middle East and
Langdon takes over the post of regional director of McCann-Erickson EMEA
from the agency veteran Don Dillon, who retires from the post at the age
of 56, and breaks a sequence of three Americans who have filled McCann's
top European position.
His appointment will end reports linking Langdon with jobs outside
McCann and will trigger a hunt for successors to head both McCann's
London and UK group operations and the role of European regional
director for Universal McCann that Langdon has occupied since
Langdon said: "We are building off a strong base but we can aim to
become qualitatively better as well as quantitively. This will be
important in the difficult year we envision. We need to invest in the
things that will ensure our success when we come out of recession."
Langdon will control McCann-Erickson and Universal McCann directly, and
will also chair a regional board including McCann Worldgroup "corridor
companies", such as MRM, Momentum and Futurebrand.
The appointment was announced in New York today (Thursday) by McCann
Worldgroup's chairman and chief executive, Jim Heekin. "I see several
challenges," he said. "There's pushing the quality bar higher and
continuing to integrate other disciplines, and the task of keeping costs
in line with shrinking revenues while trying to increase revenue.
Leaders who do both will thrive."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Source £28000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Director GoodEgg Digital £50-80k + Bonus & Benefits, Watford, Herts (only 20 mins from Euston)
- Online Marketing Manager - Fashion Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Director of SEO & Content (Media Agency) GoodEgg Digital Circa £80k + Bonus and Benefits, Central London