Merger possibilities as Havas overhauls global DM offerings
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2001 09:51AM
LONDON - Havas' decision to scrap its global Diversified Agencies Group, home to agencies including Brann and ehsrealtime, will result in the departure of Jean-Michel Carlo, its chairman and chief executive.
The network is looking at ways to integrate its agencies from DAG into its Arnold, Media Planning Group and Euro RSCG divisions. Brann has been told that it will
become part of one or the
other, with insiders tipping Euro RSCG, and industry sources suggesting that Havas will merge Brann in the UK with ehsrealtime.
However, Terry Hunt, the chairman of ehsrealtime, said: "A merger with Brann is one of the things that has been discussed but there are
discussions going on outside the UK. The Brann thing is possible but there are other options for us."
Carlo, a former chairman of BDDP in France, took the top job at DAG in 1997. He was also a previous chairman and chief executive of Young & Rubicam Europe.
Havas is expected to complete discussions with agencies by next week.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London