Manpower seeks agency for global strategy
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 February 2005 09:41AM
Manpower, the global employment services group, is searching for a network to develop a global, through-the-line advertising strategy.
The company's head office in Milwaukee has sent a brief directly to ad agency offices around the world. The recruitment giant is talking to networks, but has contacted individual offices in its key regions. Manpower's biggest markets are France and the US, but the campaign will also run across the rest of Europe.
The search follows strong financial results in 2004, when the company said income rose 78 per cent to $246 million.
The objective is to develop brand advertising and a strapline to boost customer acquisition, business acquisition and candidate recruitment to improve Manpower's market share. The work will support a new identity created by Wolff Olins.
After Adecco, Manpower is the biggest provider of temporary staff. It places around two million people in office, industrial and professional positions a year.
Manpower's main marketing spend is on recruitment advertising, which is handled in the UK by the Publicis-owned agency Comma. The company's individual branches also employ local advertising to recruit candidates.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London