MindShare expands Performance sports consultancy into Asia Pacific
By by Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 April 2005 11:00AM
LONDON - MindShare is set to launch its sports entertainment consultancy Performance in the Asia Pacific region and has drafted Mike Rich, managing director of Performance in London, to run the operation.
The consultancy, which specialises in connecting brands with sport, is already present in markets across Europe and will be based initially in Singapore, with Rich tasked to develop the business across the Asia Pacific.
Rich said: "With the traditional advertising model becoming less effective, connecting with consumers through sport and entertainment is becoming increasingly powerful for brands. Clients want sport and entertainment to be planned, activated and measured alongside all other forms of brand communication."
In addition BroadMind, MindShare's programming, barter and syndication unit is being rebranded MindShare Entertainment. Stephanie Ball, who has worked at the company for the last two years, will head up the division as its managing director.
John Steedman, chairman of MindShare Asia Pacific, said: "In a media environment where advertisers are finding it increasingly a challenge to gain audience attention, these initiatives should help redefine how advertisers connect with consumers."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- Campaign Viral Chart: first kiss video is most-shared ad this week
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push