MindShare expands Performance sports consultancy into Asia Pacific
By by Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 April 2005 11:00AM
LONDON - MindShare is set to launch its sports entertainment consultancy Performance in the Asia Pacific region and has drafted Mike Rich, managing director of Performance in London, to run the operation.
The consultancy, which specialises in connecting brands with sport, is already present in markets across Europe and will be based initially in Singapore, with Rich tasked to develop the business across the Asia Pacific.
Rich said: "With the traditional advertising model becoming less effective, connecting with consumers through sport and entertainment is becoming increasingly powerful for brands. Clients want sport and entertainment to be planned, activated and measured alongside all other forms of brand communication."
In addition BroadMind, MindShare's programming, barter and syndication unit is being rebranded MindShare Entertainment. Stephanie Ball, who has worked at the company for the last two years, will head up the division as its managing director.
John Steedman, chairman of MindShare Asia Pacific, said: "In a media environment where advertisers are finding it increasingly a challenge to gain audience attention, these initiatives should help redefine how advertisers connect with consumers."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014