MindShare expands Performance sports consultancy into Asia Pacific
By by Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 April 2005 11:00AM
LONDON - MindShare is set to launch its sports entertainment consultancy Performance in the Asia Pacific region and has drafted Mike Rich, managing director of Performance in London, to run the operation.
The consultancy, which specialises in connecting brands with sport, is already present in markets across Europe and will be based initially in Singapore, with Rich tasked to develop the business across the Asia Pacific.
Rich said: "With the traditional advertising model becoming less effective, connecting with consumers through sport and entertainment is becoming increasingly powerful for brands. Clients want sport and entertainment to be planned, activated and measured alongside all other forms of brand communication."
In addition BroadMind, MindShare's programming, barter and syndication unit is being rebranded MindShare Entertainment. Stephanie Ball, who has worked at the company for the last two years, will head up the division as its managing director.
John Steedman, chairman of MindShare Asia Pacific, said: "In a media environment where advertisers are finding it increasingly a challenge to gain audience attention, these initiatives should help redefine how advertisers connect with consumers."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency