TBWA nets $90m Etihad
By Emma Barns, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 April 2005 02:14PM
Omnicom stablemate OMD is set to pick up the global media brief for the airline.
Omnicom's TBWA network has netted the global account for the United Arab Emirates' new national airline, Etihad, estimated to be worth $90 million.
The win sees TBWA pick up the airline's direct marketing and PR as well as its above-the-line communications. Media will also be aligned within Omnicom and is expected to be handed to the holding company's main media network, OMD.
The pitch, which also involved Ogilvy & Mather, Publicis and JWT, was run from Etihad's headquarters in Abu Dhabi, where TBWA is now looking to set up shop. However, the account will be led from TBWA's London office.
Ian Ferguson-Brown, the marketing director of Etihad, led the pitch.
He denied that a final decision had been made and said the airline was still talking to four agencies.
Andrew McGuinness, the TBWA\London chief executive, returned from Abu Dhabi on 13 April but refused to comment.
The airline officially launched in November 2003 to challenge airlines that fly into Dubai. Its arrival in the UK was announced in April last year with the creation of a route from London to Abu Dhabi. The target market is primarily business travellers.
The airline's advertising is likely to communicate Etihad's positioning of a high standard of customer service.
Last April, Media Planning Group scooped Etihad's £11 million UK media account. However, MPG was not involved in the recent review.
Etihad operates 17 routes. It aims to service 70 destinations by 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account