Yakult reviews £5m creative business
By James Hamilton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 April 2005 03:21PM
Yakult, the probiotic drink manufacturer, is set to review its £5 million UK creative account, held by cdp-travissully.
The UK arm of the Japanese-owned company has approached several unnamed UK agencies to hold preliminary chemistry meetings with a view to moving the business, run by cdp-travissully since Yakult's UK launch in 1996.
The review comes as the lucrative UK probiotic market becomes more crowded, with similar offerings from Muller, Danone, Nestle and the Swedish dairy company Skane competing against the market-leading Yakult.
According to Mintel, the market is growing at 47 per cent per year, with the overall market for functional foods and beverages valued at close to £1 billion annually.
Groupe Danone owns a 20 per cent share in Yakult Honsha. Earlier this month, the two companies entered into a strategic alliance to strengthen their global leadership in probiotics.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + car allowance, Newport Pagnell
- Category Executive - FMCG Brand Recruitment £Competitive , Peterborough
- Brand Coordinator Brand Recruitment £20000 - £22000 per annum, Wellingborough
- Digital & CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency