Reebok hires Naked to produce range of special UK projects
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 October 2001 12:00PM
Reebok has appointed Naked Communications to work on a series of special projects across the UK and Ireland.
The sportswear manufacturer has brought in Naked to look at all aspects
of its non-advertising activity, including developing events themed
around its advertising.
The appointment of Naked does not affect Initiative Media, which handles
media planning and buying for the sportswear manufacturer.
Naked's first task is to work alongside the urban communications agency
PD3 on developing an event in Ireland inspired by Lowe Lintas' "escape
the sofa" television campaign. It is launching an event called the
Reebok Sofa Games, which will attempt to establish Reebok as a street
The agency has a brief to develop other events and non-advertising
activity. It is also working with Reebok on a website to support the
Sofa Games idea.
John Harlow, a managing partner at Naked, said: "We are working broadly
across Reebok's communications strategy looking at all kinds of special
With its "belly" and "escape the sofa" spots, Reebok is attempting to
develop a brand image that stands out from its competitors.
Naked has been brought in to create this impact through non-traditional
The Sofa Games idea involves transforming sofas into goals for
five-a-side football, and includes performances from top DJs. It plans
to support the event with flyers and six-sheet posters.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London