Zed scoops Tiscali media business
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 20 May 2005 03:18PM
Tiscali, the internet service provider, is set to move its £8 million media planning and buying account into ZenithOptimedia's Zed agency.
Zed has won a pitch against the incumbent, OMD UK, and MediaCom for the account, which will include all planning and buying with the exception of online.
Tiscali's media review follows an escalation in spend after the launch of its broadband offering, which Tiscali claims will compete strongly with rivals such as AOL, BT and Wanadoo.
OMD UK won the account as part of a pan-European appointment of the OMD Europe network in October 2001. The network had pitched against Carat to land the business.
Zed's UK-only appointment follows the selection in February of Mortimer Whittaker O'Sullivan to handle Tiscali's creative. The agency developed two 30-second spots for the broadband service using the line: "With Tiscali, everyone in the land can afford broadband."
Online buying is expected to remain with Profero.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London