Sony seeks digital agency to handle PlayStation 3 launch
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 July 2005 12:00AM
Sony Computer Entertainment is understood to be looking for a digital agency to work on its online advertising ahead of the launch of its PlayStation 3 console.
The computer games and console manufacturer has historically used a variety of digital agencies , including Good Technology, Randommedia, DNA and Skive Creative, to work on individual product launches, and has also handled some of its advertising in-house.
In February, it handed Framfab the pan-European digital ad campaign for its first handheld gaming device, the PlayStation Portable, due to launch in September. Sony is expected to launch the PlayStation 3 in spring 2007. It will go up against Nintendo's Revolution and Microsoft's Xbox 360.
Andy Reynolds, the head of digital at Sony Computer Entertainment, was unavailable for comment at the time of going to press.
Separately, Sony is also understood to have also run a five-way pan-European pitch for a digital project to support its £162 million, seven-year sponsorship deal with Fifa, football's world governing body. A decision is expected shortly.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London