Sony seeks digital agency to handle PlayStation 3 launch
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 July 2005 12:00AM
Sony Computer Entertainment is understood to be looking for a digital agency to work on its online advertising ahead of the launch of its PlayStation 3 console.
The computer games and console manufacturer has historically used a variety of digital agencies , including Good Technology, Randommedia, DNA and Skive Creative, to work on individual product launches, and has also handled some of its advertising in-house.
In February, it handed Framfab the pan-European digital ad campaign for its first handheld gaming device, the PlayStation Portable, due to launch in September. Sony is expected to launch the PlayStation 3 in spring 2007. It will go up against Nintendo's Revolution and Microsoft's Xbox 360.
Andy Reynolds, the head of digital at Sony Computer Entertainment, was unavailable for comment at the time of going to press.
Separately, Sony is also understood to have also run a five-way pan-European pitch for a digital project to support its £162 million, seven-year sponsorship deal with Fifa, football's world governing body. A decision is expected shortly.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Global Head of Trading-South Africa Lipton Fleming £90000 per annum + benefits, Johannesburg
- MW ARt Director Red Sofa London £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- SEO Executive - Award Winning Digital Marketing Agency ADLIB competitive, Oxford
- Junior Marketing FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Executive Lipton Fleming £21000.00 - £23000.00 per annum, London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?