Allianz sees shops for £60m ad roster
By by Emma Barns and Kate Nicholson, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 August 2005 08:30AM
LONDON - Allianz, one of the world's biggest insurers, is looking to establish a global advertising roster and has started approaching London agencies.
The company, which spends an estimated £60m globally, is developing a new global brand direction.
The Allianz brand is fragmented across the 70 countries it operates in. While it is Allianz in its German home market, it has diverse brands including Cornhill in the UK and Elvia in Switzerland.
BBDO is the global incumbent on the Allianz account. However, in June its hold was threatened when Foote Cone & Belding picked up the $15m Asia-Pacific account.
FCB's Singapore office won this chunk of the business following a pitch against BBDO. Fallon and DDB were also involved. FCB also holds the Allianz account in Austria.
Allianz offers a range of insurance products and services through 100 subsidiaries and affiliates. These include life, health, property and casualty.
A spokesman at Allianz's headquarters in Munich insisted: "We are happy working with BBDO and are not pitching our global account."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart