Allianz sees shops for £60m ad roster
By by Emma Barns and Kate Nicholson, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 August 2005 08:30AM
LONDON - Allianz, one of the world's biggest insurers, is looking to establish a global advertising roster and has started approaching London agencies.
The company, which spends an estimated £60m globally, is developing a new global brand direction.
The Allianz brand is fragmented across the 70 countries it operates in. While it is Allianz in its German home market, it has diverse brands including Cornhill in the UK and Elvia in Switzerland.
BBDO is the global incumbent on the Allianz account. However, in June its hold was threatened when Foote Cone & Belding picked up the $15m Asia-Pacific account.
FCB's Singapore office won this chunk of the business following a pitch against BBDO. Fallon and DDB were also involved. FCB also holds the Allianz account in Austria.
Allianz offers a range of insurance products and services through 100 subsidiaries and affiliates. These include life, health, property and casualty.
A spokesman at Allianz's headquarters in Munich insisted: "We are happy working with BBDO and are not pitching our global account."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel