Allianz sees shops for £60m ad roster
By Emma Barns and Kate Nicholson, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 August 2005 12:00AM
Allianz, one of the world's biggest insurers, is looking to establish a global advertising roster and has started approaching London agencies.
The company, which spends an estimated £60 million globally, is developing a new global brand direction.
The Allianz brand is fragmented across the 70 countries it operates in. While it is Allianz in its German home market, it has diverse brands including Cornhill in the UK and Elvia in Switzerland.
BBDO is the global incumbent on the Allianz account. However, in June its hold was threatened when Foote Cone & Belding picked up the $15 million Asia-Pacific account.
FCB's Singapore office won this chunk of the business following a pitch against BBDO. Fallon and DDB were also involved. FCB also holds the Allianz account in Austria.
Allianz offers a range of insurance products and services through 100 subsidiaries and affiliates. These include life, health, property and casualty.
A spokesman at Allianz's headquarters in Munich insisted: "We are happy working with BBDO and are not pitching our global account."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films