Scotsman internet ventures face cuts
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 31 July 2001 12:20PM
LONDON - The publisher of The Scotsman is making staff on its internet projects redundant after it announced the websites were failing to pull in adequate advertising.
Staff working on the websites for The Scotsman, Scotland on Sunday and the Edinburgh Evening News are being told the company is cutting back on its internet activity.
Managing director of the internet division Steven Walker denied Scotsman.com was closing, but said cuts were inevitable amongst his 23 staff.
It is believed the lifestyle, business and heritage channels of the site will close, with some staff from Scotsman.com moving to the editorial offices of the paper.
Scotsman.com was launched last September at a cost of £1.5m.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire