Desmond fails to sell top-shelf titles
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 November 2001 04:10PM
LONDON - Richard Desmond, the owner of Express Newspapers, has been forced to abandon plans to sell his raft of adult magazines because he can not find a buyer.
He put the titles, including Asian Babes and Forum, up for sale earlier this year with a price tag of £20 million. Talks were under way with three buyers, but Desmond failed to agree a price any of them.
The magazines are owned by Portland Investments and Fantasy Publications, which are part of Desmond's Northern & Shell publishing group.
Some analysts now say it will be hard for Desmond to float the company while it still owns a stable of top-shelf magazines, but Desmond is not thought to be willing to risk a share offering in the current economic climate.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London