Hoegaarden reviews pan-Europe creative
By IAN DARBY, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 November 2001 12:00PM
Hoegaarden, the Belgian white beer brand distributed by Interbrew,
is reviewing its pan-European creative.
An agency will be appointed to handle a pan-European account covering
markets including the UK, Germany, Spain and Italy. Interbrew is talking
to agencies about the business and a pitch is due to take place next
The brief involves relaunching the Hoegaarden brand across Europe. The
size of the budget is unclear, but Hoegaarden is looking to advertise in
several key markets where it has not had an advertising presence to
Hoegaarden has not run large-scale advertising campaigns in the UK,
relying instead on word of mouth and activity in bars to grow sales.
Mother is its agency of record in the UK and has run campaigns such as a
series of holographic postcards and posters in pubs and bars.
Agencies have been through a credentials phase and have also worked on
some creative prior to the pitch. Once an agency has been appointed it
is expected that the Hoegaarden account will be run from the UK.
Previously local agencies, such as Callegori Berville in France and
Morael in Belgium, have worked on the Hoegaarden brand.
Interbrew's UK agencies include Lowe Lintas on Heineken and Bartle Bogle
Hegarty on Murphy's, but non-roster agencies were approached about the
- Live Issue, p17.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing Communications Assistant Olam International UK Ltd £23,000 - £26,000 depending on experience, Central London
- UX Designer JM Digital £400 - £425 per day, West London
- Account Director - Tech, Gaming & Automotive Clients - Salary £55K + Benefits Oxygen Recruitment Solutions Ltd £55,000 + Excellent Benefits , Greater London
- Research Director - New boutique Elizabeth Norman International £70000 - £90000 per annum + Generous benefits package , London