BMP kicks off £1.5m campaign for Nikon consumer cameras
By Jenny Watts,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 November 2001 12:00PM
Nikon is launching its first television campaign for ten years through BMP DDB in a bid to take digital photography to a mass audience.
The £1.5 million campaign will aim to introduce Nikon's consumer
digital range in a confident, iconic manner. The brand is a favourite
among professionals and the company wants to extend this into the
The 40-year-old photographic company has previously concentrated on
niche, photographic press for most of its advertising. However, it has
broadened its advertising audience as the range has become more diverse
BMP's campaign features Nikon's Coolpix 775 digital camera and
illustrates four images by the famous photographers Nadav Kander,
Anderson and Lowe and David Modell. The vignettes are captioned as
though reporting four momentous moments which have not yet happened.
One features the first man on Mars, another the last rainforest, a third
features the three-minute mile, and the last a baby vaccinated against
the Aids virus.
The campaign was written by Tim Charlesworth and art directed by Michael
Kaplan. Media is through OMD.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- New Business Manager Beyond The Book £30,000-£40,000 +bonus+car, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account