MindShare scoops $120m Castrol
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 November 2001 12:00PM
Castrol, the BP-owned oil brand, has consolidated its global media
account, worth an estimated $120 million, into MindShare
It has also appointed the sister WPP creative agency, Ogilvy & Mather,
to handle its global advertising account, ending a long drawn-out review
which was delayed by internal senior marketing staff changes in the
summer. O&M already handled advertising for BP, which took over Castrol
in July 2000.
Castrol's communications manager, Simon Elliott, said: "The appointments
are part of Castrol's co-ordinated and consolidated approach to leverage
advertising spend effectively, creating greater strength on individual
brands on a global scale."
Before centralising media and advertising, Castrol used a number of
agencies in different markets around the world. FCB was appointed to
handle all European media for the brand outside Germany in May 2000,
when Castrol pooled its £15 million European advertising account
into FCB and Springer & Jacoby.
In a separate move, MindShare Worldwide has also been awarded the
$50 million pan-European media planning and buying account for
Kodak's digital cameras, including the Easyshare range. Carat was the
previous incumbent on the business.
MindShare Worldwide already handles the remainder of Kodak's media
offerings, including films and other camera ranges.
Steve Pollack, a managing partner at MindShare Worldwide, said: "We
didn't do a formal pitch but we had to demonstrate to a separate
marketing team in Kodak that we have the strengths, capabilities and
structure to handle the account."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London