MindShare scoops $120m Castrol
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 November 2001 12:00PM
Castrol, the BP-owned oil brand, has consolidated its global media
account, worth an estimated $120 million, into MindShare
It has also appointed the sister WPP creative agency, Ogilvy & Mather,
to handle its global advertising account, ending a long drawn-out review
which was delayed by internal senior marketing staff changes in the
summer. O&M already handled advertising for BP, which took over Castrol
in July 2000.
Castrol's communications manager, Simon Elliott, said: "The appointments
are part of Castrol's co-ordinated and consolidated approach to leverage
advertising spend effectively, creating greater strength on individual
brands on a global scale."
Before centralising media and advertising, Castrol used a number of
agencies in different markets around the world. FCB was appointed to
handle all European media for the brand outside Germany in May 2000,
when Castrol pooled its £15 million European advertising account
into FCB and Springer & Jacoby.
In a separate move, MindShare Worldwide has also been awarded the
$50 million pan-European media planning and buying account for
Kodak's digital cameras, including the Easyshare range. Carat was the
previous incumbent on the business.
MindShare Worldwide already handles the remainder of Kodak's media
offerings, including films and other camera ranges.
Steve Pollack, a managing partner at MindShare Worldwide, said: "We
didn't do a formal pitch but we had to demonstrate to a separate
marketing team in Kodak that we have the strengths, capabilities and
structure to handle the account."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Regional Marketing Manager Network Marketing £30000 - £35000 per annum, North West England
- Digital Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comms/Brand Planner. LONDON Stopgap £200 - £300 per day, London
- Marketing Assistant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £22000 per annum, Buckinghamshire