Speedo in talks with agencies about new positioning ad drive
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 November 2001 12:00PM
The swimwear brand Speedo is talking to agencies about relaunching
in the UK and the rest of the world.
It is thought that Speedo International is asking agencies to come up
with a new brand positioning suitable for a global advertising push, to
be rolled out in 2002.
The move comes as Speedo, owned by the Pentland Group, reorganises
itself from its previous structure of operating individual offices in
each of its 120 markets.
The brand has not been advertised for some time, but previous creative
work was handled by Pentland's in-house department.
The company also hinted at a brand push when it made Charles
Kennis-Betty, its European business director, its most senior global
marketing boss in January this year.
Pentland is still thought to be hunting for a media agency to cover all
its brands, after MindShare lost the account after winning Nike's
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London