Ben Sherman in global communications review
By CAMILLA PALMER, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 December 2001 12:00PM
The clothing brand Ben Sherman is talking to agencies about its
£5 million global above-the-line advertising account, currently
handled by Explosive.
The review comes just 18 months after the appointment of Explosive and a
year after the brand hiked its global adspend by 30 per cent. The
company's UK spend is around £1 million.
Ben Sherman has also restructured its marketing department after the
departure of its worldwide marketing and merchandising manager, Gary
Mylam, who ran the initial pitch and appointed Explosive.
Explosive won the account after working on a redesign of Ben Sherman's
website in a pitch in June 2000 with a brief to move away from the
laddish image created by the previous agency, Grey Worldwide. Grey
worked on the business for four years and created the strapline "Cut
from a different cloth".
In August 2000, Explosive produced a series of tongue-in-cheek print ads
featuring animals wearing "inappropriate" human accessories, with the
strapline: "British attitude. British styling." The agency is working on
a 90-second cinema campaign which is due to air in April 2002.
Mother recently worked with Ben Sherman on a research consultancy basis
but will not be pitching for the creative business.
Rob Blake, Ben Sherman's marketing manager, confirmed that ad agencies
had been approached and that the company was reviewing its entire
communications strategy, including its creative work. "We have seen
various agencies, but we are not yet in a pitch situation, but this
eventuality is not out of the question," he said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Social Media Manager/Content Planner createselect £40-50K pa depending on experience, Central London
- Retail Marketing Co-ordinator - Nespresso Online Resourcing £Competitive + excellent benefits, Gatwick, West Sussex
- Marketing Executive - Russian Speaking - Association Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £29000 - £31000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Associate Director of Content Strategy - London £75,000 - www.w Adam Recruitment £75000 - £76000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets