Ben Sherman in global communications review
By CAMILLA PALMER, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 December 2001 12:00PM
The clothing brand Ben Sherman is talking to agencies about its
£5 million global above-the-line advertising account, currently
handled by Explosive.
The review comes just 18 months after the appointment of Explosive and a
year after the brand hiked its global adspend by 30 per cent. The
company's UK spend is around £1 million.
Ben Sherman has also restructured its marketing department after the
departure of its worldwide marketing and merchandising manager, Gary
Mylam, who ran the initial pitch and appointed Explosive.
Explosive won the account after working on a redesign of Ben Sherman's
website in a pitch in June 2000 with a brief to move away from the
laddish image created by the previous agency, Grey Worldwide. Grey
worked on the business for four years and created the strapline "Cut
from a different cloth".
In August 2000, Explosive produced a series of tongue-in-cheek print ads
featuring animals wearing "inappropriate" human accessories, with the
strapline: "British attitude. British styling." The agency is working on
a 90-second cinema campaign which is due to air in April 2002.
Mother recently worked with Ben Sherman on a research consultancy basis
but will not be pitching for the creative business.
Rob Blake, Ben Sherman's marketing manager, confirmed that ad agencies
had been approached and that the company was reviewing its entire
communications strategy, including its creative work. "We have seen
various agencies, but we are not yet in a pitch situation, but this
eventuality is not out of the question," he said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- CEO Gail Gallie departs Fallon
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Ex-M&S marketing chief Steven Sharp is consulting for WPP