MediaCom unveils regional division
By CLARE CONLEY, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 December 2001 12:00PM
MediaCom is launching a new division called MediaCom Accent to
handle regional and local media planning and buying.
Penny Logier, the MediaCom board director, will take overall
responsibility for MediaCom Accent.
A team of 14 staff will be transferred to the new division and managed
by the associate directors, Craig Lennon and Les Middleton.
MediaCom Accent will house £40 million of billings from clients
including COI Communications, Warner Village Cinemas and retail accounts
such as Homestyle and the Iceland local store marketing group.
It will pitch for new business separately from its parent agency. Logier
said: "There will be an aggressive new-business drive in the New
Located in MediaCom's London headquarters, the new division will also
work with existing MediaCom offices in Manchester, Edinburgh and
The brand name, MediaCom Accent, is the result of an agency
brainstorming session. Logier added: "We chose the name because it puts
an implicit accent on activity and accountability at a local level.
"It's also slightly tongue-in-cheek because many people working in the
division do have regional accents and we want to convey that local feel
Steve Allan, the MediaCom group chief executive, said: "MediaCom Accent
will raise our profile among all advertisers who want the resources of a
top-three media agency together with first-class skills and credentials
in regional and local media."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds