Maher Bird reveals Smart Car press ad with a festive theme
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 December 2001 12:00PM
Maher Bird Associates has unveiled its latest work for
DaimlerChrysler's Smart car.
The press ad is designed to highlight Smart's 24 new dealerships
It uses festive imagery with a Christmas tree but the usual baubles are
replaced by Smart cars.
The copy explains how the car is now available in a right-hand drive
version and encourages readers to give a Smart car to someone they love
as a Christmas present. The advertising will run in colour pages of the
The Smart car has principally been promoted as a city car and the
company is now targeting dealerships in urban areas including
Manchester, London and Birmingham.
Anke von Platen, Smart's marketing manager, said: "It is important
people can have access to the car nationwide."
The ad was art directed by Martin Pierson and written by Graham
Media planning and buying was through BJK&E.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £30000.00 - £36000.00 per annum, City of London
- Junior Product Owner / Business Analyst - Mobile Digital Gurus £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, package etc, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity