Wunderman wins £6m M&G account
By IAN DARBY, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 December 2001 12:00PM
M&G Financial Services has appointed Harrison Troughton Wunderman
to its £6 million through-the-line account.
The long pitch process began in September. The agency will create
advertising and direct marketing activity for M&G, which markets ISAs,
unit trusts and bonds.
The agency is M&G's third in 18 months. In March 2000 it parted company
with Evans Hunt Scott after a dispute over costs and payment for
It then appointed the Cheltenham-based agency TDA which produced a range
of direct marketing and advertising for ISAs, unit trusts and bonds, as
well as corporate advertising.
John Goddard, the central marketing director who appointed Wunderman,
said: "Wunderman helped us develop a relevant, unique brand idea, which
fits the company and its history rather than making the company fit the
Last year M&G spent £4 million on press advertising with its
largest spend on corporate bond products and investments in managed
Wunderman's first activity will be a brand response national press and
poster campaign in the New Year.
M&G has also run interactive TV activity developed by Carlton
It signed up for an initial two-month trial last year with Carlton.
Martin Troughton, a managing partner at Wunderman, said: "M&G is
obviously very serious about creating a differentiating persona in the
crowded financial services market. We are pleased to have been appointed
to develop the M&G brand in a through-the-line capacity."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account