APA's training offers production staff and agency joint tuition
By JENNY WATTS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 December 2001 12:00PM
The Advertising Producers Association is to bring together
production company and agency staff for the first time with the
introduction of a new Masterclass training initiative next year.
A series of 12 lectures and study groups make up the programme, put
together in conjunction with the IPA. The aim of the course will be to
give attendees a broad perspective of the business.
Production company staff will work at an agency for a week and vice
versa under a work exchange scheme.
The series of eight lectures and four study groups will be presented by
the heads of production companies, heads of TV, directors, editors and
post-producers. Among those taking part are Academy's Lizie Gower,
Spectre's Bertie Miller and Saatchi & Saatchi's Mark Hanrahan.
The course will be organised by Stephen Davies, the chief executive of
the APA. Davies said: "This new programme will be the first one of its
kind which will include both agency staff and production company staff
learning together how each operates."
The new programme will run from January until June 2002 and will cover
all aspects of commercials production from inception through to
Gower, the managing director of Academy, said: "This is an ideal
opportunity for us to work together for the benefit of the clients by
training our young staff to the highest level in our continuing quest to
give agencies best value productions."
The 60 places on the course are free to APA and IPA members.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London