Patak's hires BDH\TBWA after extended pitch process
By Glen Mutel, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 September 2005 12:00AM
Patak's, the family owned Indian food company, has appointed the Manchester-based agency BDH\TBWA to its creative account.
The agency saw off competition from VCCP, FCB London and Team Saatchi to land the business.
The pitch was handled by the AAR and overseen by Patak's group director of marketing, Fiona Mannion. The process has been ongoing since January and a result was expected six months ago.
Mitchell Patterson Grime Mitchell had held the account for the past seven years but Patak's has been without an agency since MPGM was dissolved last year.
The brand's most recent advertising campaign featured brightly coloured images of people in India enjoying Patak's dishes.
Over the past 50 years, Patak's has extended its product range from pickles, pastes and chutneys to cooking sauces and ready meals.
The brand is distributed in more than 40 countries and is a market leader in Australia.
Its main rival in the UK is Sharwood's, the Centura-owned brand that recently moved its £2 million creative account to McCann Erickson.
The review is not believed to affect Patak's media account, which is held by Mediavest Manchester.
Mannion said: "We were extremely impressed by the enthusiasm, creativity and vision for our business shown by all of the pitching agencies. The decision-making process was very difficult."
She added: "We are excited to progress this phase of our marketing activity and look forward to working with the BDH\TBWA team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Interactive Digital Designer: (Mobile, Tablet, Web, Smartphone) Creative Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Digital Designer & Content Manager (Website, Rich Media) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push