Patak's hires BDH\TBWA after extended pitch process
By Glen Mutel, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 September 2005 12:00AM
Patak's, the family owned Indian food company, has appointed the Manchester-based agency BDH\TBWA to its creative account.
The agency saw off competition from VCCP, FCB London and Team Saatchi to land the business.
The pitch was handled by the AAR and overseen by Patak's group director of marketing, Fiona Mannion. The process has been ongoing since January and a result was expected six months ago.
Mitchell Patterson Grime Mitchell had held the account for the past seven years but Patak's has been without an agency since MPGM was dissolved last year.
The brand's most recent advertising campaign featured brightly coloured images of people in India enjoying Patak's dishes.
Over the past 50 years, Patak's has extended its product range from pickles, pastes and chutneys to cooking sauces and ready meals.
The brand is distributed in more than 40 countries and is a market leader in Australia.
Its main rival in the UK is Sharwood's, the Centura-owned brand that recently moved its £2 million creative account to McCann Erickson.
The review is not believed to affect Patak's media account, which is held by Mediavest Manchester.
Mannion said: "We were extremely impressed by the enthusiasm, creativity and vision for our business shown by all of the pitching agencies. The decision-making process was very difficult."
She added: "We are excited to progress this phase of our marketing activity and look forward to working with the BDH\TBWA team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - near Bath Stopgap £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Executive Stopgap £24000 - £25000 per annum, South East England
- POS Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 - £28000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Marketing & Communications Manager Stopgap £32000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel