Patak's hires BDH\TBWA after extended pitch process
By Glen Mutel, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 September 2005 12:00AM
Patak's, the family owned Indian food company, has appointed the Manchester-based agency BDH\TBWA to its creative account.
The agency saw off competition from VCCP, FCB London and Team Saatchi to land the business.
The pitch was handled by the AAR and overseen by Patak's group director of marketing, Fiona Mannion. The process has been ongoing since January and a result was expected six months ago.
Mitchell Patterson Grime Mitchell had held the account for the past seven years but Patak's has been without an agency since MPGM was dissolved last year.
The brand's most recent advertising campaign featured brightly coloured images of people in India enjoying Patak's dishes.
Over the past 50 years, Patak's has extended its product range from pickles, pastes and chutneys to cooking sauces and ready meals.
The brand is distributed in more than 40 countries and is a market leader in Australia.
Its main rival in the UK is Sharwood's, the Centura-owned brand that recently moved its £2 million creative account to McCann Erickson.
The review is not believed to affect Patak's media account, which is held by Mediavest Manchester.
Mannion said: "We were extremely impressed by the enthusiasm, creativity and vision for our business shown by all of the pitching agencies. The decision-making process was very difficult."
She added: "We are excited to progress this phase of our marketing activity and look forward to working with the BDH\TBWA team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Brand Manager - Sports Direct Magazine Haymarket Media Group £26k - £28k, Teddington, Middlesex
- Junior Project Manager Gemini Search £28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum, City of London