The World: Sydney - WPP purchases The Communications Group
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 September 2005 12:00AM
WPP has acquired the Australian holding company The Communications Group for £38 million, ending the protracted courtship of the media group by both WPP and Omnicom.
The company includes the iconic Australian agency George Patterson Partners, the outdoor specialist Media Puzzle and the retail agency Ideaworks. WPP already held a 30 per cent share in the group from its acquisition of Cordiant Communications in 2003.
Pacific Equity Partners, an Australian private equity group that owned the majority of the shares, hoped to drive up the price as WPP and Omnicom tried to outbid each other, but the latter pulled out of negotiations.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + bens, West London
- Project Manager Gemini Search £40000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Brand Director EMR £100000 - £120000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Developer / PM Digital Gurus £20000 - £27000 per annum, London