The World: Sydney - WPP purchases The Communications Group
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 September 2005 12:00AM
WPP has acquired the Australian holding company The Communications Group for £38 million, ending the protracted courtship of the media group by both WPP and Omnicom.
The company includes the iconic Australian agency George Patterson Partners, the outdoor specialist Media Puzzle and the retail agency Ideaworks. WPP already held a 30 per cent share in the group from its acquisition of Cordiant Communications in 2003.
Pacific Equity Partners, an Australian private equity group that owned the majority of the shares, hoped to drive up the price as WPP and Omnicom tried to outbid each other, but the latter pulled out of negotiations.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Development Director Newcastle Gateshead Initiative £50-60k plus benefits, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear / Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films