Langdon and Lepere out at Euro RSCG
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 September 2005 12:00AM
Marc Lepere, Euro RSCG Worldwide's chief marketing officer, is set to follow Ben Langdon out of the network as its new chief executive, David Jones, makes his first changes at the Havas-owned group.
Langdon was placed on 12 months' gardening leave on Monday. Speculation about his and Lepere's future at Euro RSCG began when Jim Heekin, Jones' predecessor, left in August after he was overlooked in a Havas management reshuffle. Heekin had worked with Langdon and Lepere at McCann Erickson and brought them into the Euro RSCG network in 2004.
Jones, the chief executive of Euro RSCG New York, was installed at the top of the network soon after Vincent Bollore took over as the chairman of Havas in July.
Jones became one of five managing directors of Havas alongside Mercedes Erra, the chairman of Euro RSCG France, and Stephane Fouks, who oversees the group's corporate communications interests.
Langdon's exit came in the wake of the London agency's loss of the £35 million Argos account to Clemmow Hornby Inge. The agency also lost its place on the COI Communications roster. Other losses over the past 18 months included Christian Aid and the British Heart Foundation.
Langdon, however, did win new business such as News Group, Superdrug and the £60 million pan European LG Electronics accounts.
No replacement for Langdon has yet been lined up. Chris Pinnington, the UK chief executive of Euro RSCG Worldwide, will run the agency in the interim.
Perspective, page 23.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Project Manager - Business Analyst Salt £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Technical Product Manager JV Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Skipton
- Qualitative Directors looking for innovative solutions Elizabeth Norman International $115000 - $150000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Senior Category Manager Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Maidenhead
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity