Omnicom to roll out PHD across Europe, Asia and Africa
By by Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 26 September 2005 11:10AM
LONDON - Omnicom has announced that it is investing in a global expansion of its PHD media network.
PHD, which has an established presence in the UK and the US, will receive backing for the creation of PHD in markets across Europe, Asia and Africa.
The launch of new offices will be achieved by taking resources from existing Omnicom Media Group offices. The majority of these are part of the OMD network.
PHD's expansion will begin in the final quarter and completed by early 2006. David Pattison, the chief executive of PHD Worldwide, said: "Given our success in North America and the needs of international clients, there has never been a better time to extend our network globally."
Omnicom has made a series of management changes as part of the drive to expand PHD and invest more in Omnicom Media Group's resources. Colin Gottlieb, the chief executive of OMD Europe, has been promoted to chief executive of Omnicom Media Group Europe. OMD Europe will now be headed by Simon Francis as managing director. Francis was previously the director of strategy.
Mike Cooper, OMD's chief executive of Asia Pacific, has been promoted to the role of chief executive of Omnicom Media Group Asia. Daryl Simm continues as chairman and chief executive of Omnicom Media Group.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- JUNIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Middlesex
- Digital Account Manager Live Recruitment £23000 - £27000 per annum, Wolverhampton
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £17000 - £21000 per annum, Birmingham
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Live Recruitment negotiable, Oxfordshire