Lastminute.com holds £3m review
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 September 2005 12:00AM
Lastminute.com is approaching agencies about its £3 million creative account.
The online travel specialist is looking for an advertising agency to create a fast-turnaround TV campaign that will run after Christmas and into the new year.
The Lastminute.com marketing director, Matthew Hart, is approaching agencies directly with the brief.
The company's advertising is currently done in-house and it appoints agencies on a project basis. Quiet Storm and M&C Saatchi have both worked on campaigns for the website.
Lastminute.com was bought by Sabre Holdings for £577 million in June this year. Its new parent company, which also owns Travelocity. com, is thought to be preparing to merge the two operations and drop the Travelocity brand in the UK.
Travelocity's ad business is held by Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, which created the current Alan Whicker campaign. The account is so far unaffected by the Lastminute.com acquisition.
Lastminute.com's media agency, Smarter Communications, is also unaffected.
Lastminute.com was unavailable for comment as Campaign went to press.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire