Lastminute.com holds £3m review
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 September 2005 12:00AM
Lastminute.com is approaching agencies about its £3 million creative account.
The online travel specialist is looking for an advertising agency to create a fast-turnaround TV campaign that will run after Christmas and into the new year.
The Lastminute.com marketing director, Matthew Hart, is approaching agencies directly with the brief.
The company's advertising is currently done in-house and it appoints agencies on a project basis. Quiet Storm and M&C Saatchi have both worked on campaigns for the website.
Lastminute.com was bought by Sabre Holdings for £577 million in June this year. Its new parent company, which also owns Travelocity. com, is thought to be preparing to merge the two operations and drop the Travelocity brand in the UK.
Travelocity's ad business is held by Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, which created the current Alan Whicker campaign. The account is so far unaffected by the Lastminute.com acquisition.
Lastminute.com's media agency, Smarter Communications, is also unaffected.
Lastminute.com was unavailable for comment as Campaign went to press.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency