Sony appoints Naked to add innovation to advertising
By by Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 October 2005 11:00AM
LONDON - Sony Europe has appointed Naked Communications to its roster of agencies.
Naked will work with other roster agencies, including Fallon and OMD Europe, to introduce innovation to Sony's advertising and marketing.
The agency has been appointed by David Patton, the senior vice-president of communications at Sony Europe. Naked had worked with Patton on Sony PlayStation communications when he was the vice-president of marketing for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
One of Naked's first tasks is to organise a series of planning workshops for agencies and Sony to take place throughout 2006. Projects for individual Sony divisions are expected to follow.
Naked's main role is to find new ways to bring Sony's entertainment products closer to its customers under Sony's "like no other" campaign banner. Patton said: "We felt the time was right to introduce Naked as a part of our partner line-up. Their brief is to inject fresh thinking in order to keep us relevant and top of mind in an increasingly complex media environment."
Naked is expected to work across Sony's music, pictures, games and online businesses. Sony's European sales were 112bn for the year ending 31 March.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester