Abbey awards £25m media account to Carat
By by Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 31 October 2005 11:30AM
LONDON - Abbey is to hand its £25m media planning and buying account to Carat.
The agency, which had held the business until it moved to MindShare two years ago, triumphed in a pitch against MindShare, Universal McCann and OMD UK.
The final stage of the pitch process took place on Friday when the remaining agencies submitted pricing proposals online. Carat will work for Abbey and its online brand Cahoot.
Carat's appointment follows a series of changes at Abbey since its acquisition by Grupo Santander last November. It recently appointed WCRS as its ad agency, replacing TBWA\London.
Jeremy Davies, the director of brand and communications at Abbey, said: "The review was aimed at getting better value by bringing together the spend of Abbey and Cahoot.
"We've undergone major changes to our brand and advertising since the beginning of this year and now we need a fresh approach to getting the best value from our media planning and buying. We look forward to working with Carat to support these changes."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland