BMI hives off digital and seeks agency
By by Larissa Bannister, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 November 2005 12:00AM
LONDON - BMI is looking for an agency to work on its digital creative advertising account, held by Euro RSCG Interactive.
The pitch, which does not affect BMI's budget bmibaby brand, marks the first time the airline has split digital from its above-the-line account. Euro RSCG Interactive is understood to be repitching for the business, along with Randommedia and an undisclosed number of regional agencies.
BMI has carried out a systematic review of its advertising arrangements this year. It has re-appointed PHD to its £10 million media account after a pitch against Vizeum, Mediaedge:cia and Walker Media.
The airline began talking to agencies about its creative account in April, before eventually extending its contract with Euro RSCG London. The business was originally awarded to Partners BDDH in 2003 and moved to Euro RSCG later that year when the two agencies merged.
BMI has recently expanded its services to India and Saudi Arabia. In May, it introduced a three-tier fare structure and scrapped business class for all its flights out of Heathrow.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director [Telco] - Superb Agency off Oxford Street Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k with great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart