BMI hives off digital and seeks agency
By by Larissa Bannister, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 November 2005 12:00AM
LONDON - BMI is looking for an agency to work on its digital creative advertising account, held by Euro RSCG Interactive.
The pitch, which does not affect BMI's budget bmibaby brand, marks the first time the airline has split digital from its above-the-line account. Euro RSCG Interactive is understood to be repitching for the business, along with Randommedia and an undisclosed number of regional agencies.
BMI has carried out a systematic review of its advertising arrangements this year. It has re-appointed PHD to its £10 million media account after a pitch against Vizeum, Mediaedge:cia and Walker Media.
The airline began talking to agencies about its creative account in April, before eventually extending its contract with Euro RSCG London. The business was originally awarded to Partners BDDH in 2003 and moved to Euro RSCG later that year when the two agencies merged.
BMI has recently expanded its services to India and Saudi Arabia. In May, it introduced a three-tier fare structure and scrapped business class for all its flights out of Heathrow.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Graphic Designer Brand Recruitment £28000 per annum + benefits, Newmarket
- Senior Art Director - Experiential Network Career Consultants £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- COPYWRITER - INTERNATIONAL COMPANY - LONDON, UK - £25-26K Salt £25000 - £26000 per annum, City of London
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + car/ car allowance, South East