BMI hives off digital and seeks agency
By Larissa Bannister, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 November 2005 12:00AM
BMI is looking for an agency to work on its digital creative advertising account, held by Euro RSCG Interactive.
The pitch, which does not affect BMI's budget bmibaby brand, marks the first time the airline has split digital from its above-the-line account. Euro RSCG Interactive is understood to be repitching for the business, along with Randommedia and an undisclosed number of regional agencies.
BMI has carried out a systematic review of its advertising arrangements this year. It has re-appointed PHD to its £10 million media account after a pitch against Vizeum, Mediaedge:cia and Walker Media.
The airline began talking to agencies about its creative account in April, before eventually extending its contract with Euro RSCG London. The business was originally awarded to Partners BDDH in 2003 and moved to Euro RSCG later that year when the two agencies merged.
BMI has recently expanded its services to India and Saudi Arabia. In May, it introduced a three-tier fare structure and scrapped business class for all its flights out of Heathrow.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Pitch update: Pre-Christmas round-up of RBS, BA and all the biggest pitches
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- Argos reviews £55 million ad account