Initiative nets £7m Bernard Matthews job
By by Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 November 2005 11:00AM
LONDON - Bernard Matthews, the food company famed for its 'bootiful' ads, has appointed Initiative to its £7m media planning and buying account.
Initiative won the business in a pitch against MediaCom, OMD UK and AMS, which had held the business for more than a decade.
The agency will work across all media, focusing on TV and press. Its brief is to help the company strengthen its leadership in the cooked meats sector and support brand extensions such as pasties.
Bernard Matthews is a family owned company and handles its creative in-house.
The company was launched in 1950. Its eponymous founder found fame in the early 80s when he coined the "bootiful" catchphrase to support his Turkey Breast Roast product.
Andy Watts, the Bernard Matthews marketing director, said: "We are delighted with Initiative. The strength of the team, both in terms of strategic input and a real desire to provide great value, was highly evident."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Account Manager Digital Gurus £27000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Platform Sales Group Account Director Ultimate Asset £55000 - £60000 per annum + +comm, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £38000 per annum, London